What if I am claiming housing benefit?

Some landlords will accept tenants claiming housing benefit but it depends on the individual landlord. If a landlord accepts housing benefit tenants this will be noted under the property description.

Where landlords are prepared to accept housing benefit tenants you will still need to pay the first months rent and bond up front when you move into the property. This is in addition to the agency fee and any other referencing costs (if applicable). You may also need to provide a guarantor.

Before moving in to the property you will need to return to us a housing benefit receipt confirming that all necessary information has been submitted to the housing benefit department at the council offices ( without this you will be unable to sign up).